Western Service Learning Days (WSLD) is an annual NA service conference that focuses on Narcotics Anonymous services in Public Information (PI), Public Relations (PR), Hospitals and Institutions (H&I), Phonelines, Web Pages, Outreach Services, and other NA services. This service conference gives NA members an opportunity to learn and share about issues and solutions, and develop valuable relationships through networking. WSLD is hosted each year by a different Area or Region within thirteen western United States, two western Provinces of Canada, and Mexico.
WSLD 33 will be held at the Seattle Airport Marriot on November 8 – 10, 2019.
This year’s conference will feature workshops and presentations about the following NA service topics:
- Friday Professional Panels
- Friday & Saturday Main Speaker Meetings
- Zonal Forum meeting
- PI/PR Tools on how to effectively communicate with outside Professionals
- H&I: Utilizing our H&I literature (Institutional group guide, H&I Handbook, etc.
- IT: How to offer services on different online platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, etc.)
- Literature: Books for Crooks – Literature inside of institutions
- ACTIVITIES: Avoiding “Burn Out”- Mentorship – Spirit of Rotation
- What is PI? How do we do it? How can PI contribute?
- H&I: How to provide strong & productive H&I service: H&I Basics
- IT- Web Servants? The who/what/where/when/why?
- PR outreach to Spanish the speaking community
- NA Literature production and translation process (NA World Services)
- Working steps for recovery behind the walls
- Phone line technologies
- NA Fellowship Development: Growing the Fellowship & Rural Service
- ACTIVITIES: Conventions Toolbox
- PR: Schools and /Booths
- Sponsorship behind the walls – History
- NA World Services Topics
- Merchandise best practices
- NA and Social media
- So you’re thinking about becoming a Regional Delegate workshop?
- IT: BMLT (Basic Meeting List Tool)
Organizations that will be joining us Friday:
- Treatment Services within Washington DOC Facilities
- Clallam County Juvenile Superintendent
- Evergreen Treatment Services
- US Courts Re-entry Specialist
- Behavioral Health Institute: Harborview Medical Center/UW Medicine
- King Co Behavioral Health & Recovery Division: Jail Diversion and Systems Reform/Diversion and
Note: these are confirmed organizations, but this list is subject to change
Registration, hotel info, and links
The host hotel is the Seattle Airport Marriot (3201 South 176th Street, Seattle WA 98188). The single rate is $129; check the special Marriot page for further details. NA service committees are encouraged to take advantage of the low cost of early registrations combined with the possibility of up to four members sharing a room to send their members to the Conference.
Reserve your room: WSLD 33 Hotel.
Online registration: http://www.wnirna-reg.org
Pre-register by mail or download flyer: WSLD 33 Event Flyer
Additional questions: Please refer to Kia K., Committee Chair, at the contact info listed.